President Donald Trump's 14-year-old son, Barron, tested positive for COVID-19 but exhibited no symptoms after both his parents contracted the virus.
"Luckily he is a strong teenager and exhibited no symptoms," Melania Trump said in a statement on Wednesday (local time).
She said she and Barron had since tested negative for the virus.
Melania said her symptoms were "minimal" and she hoped to resume her duties as first lady "as soon as I can".
"I experienced body aches, a cough and headaches, and felt extremely tired most of the time," she said.
"I chose to go a more natural route in terms of medicine, opting more for vitamins and healthy food."
Mr Trump spent three nights in a military hospital after announcing on October 2 he and Melania had tested positive.
To treat the virus, he received an experimental dual antibody therapy developed by Regeneron Pharmaceuticals and Gilead Sciences antiviral remdesivir, as well as the steroid dexamethasone.
"In one way I was glad the three of us went through this at the same time so we could take care of one another and spend time together," Melania said.
Top health official Anthony Fauci told CBS Evening News on Wednesday Mr Trump was no longer capable of spreading COVID-19 and could attend a town hall on Thursday without putting others at risk.
Dr Fauci said he and his colleague, Clifford Lane, at the National Institutes of Health concluded this after reviewing all the tests taken by the president as well as an additional one conducted at an NIH laboratory.
Dr Fauci said last week it was not known whether Mr Trump was well because patients can unexpectedly go downhill more than a week after symptoms begin.
The town hall with NBC News is less than three weeks before the election in which Mr Trump is trailing Joe Biden in opinion polls.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.