Advertisement

Dogs rescued from Boscombe flat fire and given oxygen

Two dogs have been given oxygen after being rescued from a flat fire in Bournemouth.

Neighbours were alerted to smoke alarms sounding in Christchurch Road, Boscombe, at about 09:00 GMT.

The occupier of the flat was not at home but crews rescued two dogs. A resident from the flat above was also led to safety using a fire escape hood.

The fire, which is thought to have begun in a kitchen appliance, was extinguished within an hour.

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue service said crews from four stations attended the first-floor blaze.

The dogs were given oxygen using specialist masks provided by the Smokey Paws charity.

They have been taken to a vet for precautionary checks.


Follow BBC South on Facebook, X, or Instagram. Send your story ideas to south.newsonline@bbc.co.uk.