The Chinese-backed firm behind a $3 billion Gold Coast casino plan that was suddenly scrapped by the Palaszczuk government is considering taking legal action.
ASF Consortium director Louis Chien on Friday said the company had been "misled" by Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, who on Tuesday put a halt to plans, three years after her government selected ASF to develop The Spit.
"Nothing is off the table, including legal action," he told ABC Radio.
Mr Chien said State Development Minister Anthony Lynham had met with ASF Consortium an hour before Ms Palaszczuk's announcement.
"There was no reason, it was a termination and that was the end of it," he added.
Mr Chien did not provide a figure when questioned about how much had been spent developing the proposal, but said the project would have created 4500 temporary construction jobs and an additional 8500 operational positions.
"We've been misled in a political game of hide and deceive," he said.
"This government, going against its own consultation result, turned its back on a very viable project and the will of a majority to gain a few votes."
Ms Palaszczuk has said the decision was driven by community desire to preserve the parkland site for future generations and likely transport issues resulting from the development.
On Friday, Ms Palaszczuk refused to say whether ASF was entitled to compensation, adding that she was yet to receive negative feedback over her decision.
Gold Coast mayor Tom Tate will continue his push to have a terminal built on the ocean side of the Spit, at an estimated cost of between $170 and $450 million.