New Details About Riley Strain’s Death Revealed in Autopsy and Toxicology Reports

The 22-year-old's blood alcohol content was measured at .228, nearly three times the legal limit to drive

<p>Christopher Whiteid</p> Riley Strain

Christopher Whiteid

Riley Strain

New details about Riley Strain’s death in Nashville have been released in his autopsy and toxicology reports.

The University of Missouri student was last seen by friends on March 8 at Luke Bryan’s 32 Bridge Food and Drink, where he was asked to leave that same evening, according to the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department.

An autopsy report from the Davidson County Medical Examiner, which was shared by ABC affiliate KMIZ, confirmed the 22-year-old was last seen alive that night “alone at the underpass of the James Robertson Parkway Bridge” after leaving the bar. His body was later found in the Cumberland River on March 22 by an employee at a concrete plant.

Strain died by accidental drowning and ethanol intoxication, according to the report. His blood alcohol content was measured at .228, nearly three times the legal limit to drive.

Caffeine, nicotine and THC were also found in Strain’s system.

<p>Metro Nashville PD</p> Riley Strain, who went missing in Nashville on March 8 and was found dead in the Cumberland River on March 22

Metro Nashville PD

Riley Strain, who went missing in Nashville on March 8 and was found dead in the Cumberland River on March 22

The Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), which is investigating whether Strain was overserved, tells PEOPLE they are "still working on" the open investigation.

In a March 15 email to PEOPLE, TABC communication director Aaron Rummage said Tennessee state law “prohibits serving alcoholic beverages to someone who is visibly intoxicated.”

Never miss a story — sign up for PEOPLE's free daily newsletter to stay up-to-date on the best of what PEOPLE has to offer, from celebrity news to compelling human interest stories.

In a statement shared with PEOPLE at the time of Strain’s disappearance, the TC Restaurant Group, which oversees Bryan’s establishment, Luke’s 32 Bridge, claimed Strain was only served one alcoholic drink and two waters before he was asked to leave.

“At 9:35 p.m., our security team made a decision based on our conduct standards to escort him from the venue through our Broadway exit at the front of our building,” the company said.

“He was followed down the stairs with one member of his party,” the company’s statement added. “The individual with Riley did not exit and returned upstairs."

<p>Metro Nashville Police Department</p> Riley Strain

Metro Nashville Police Department

Riley Strain

Strain was reported missing on March 9, as confirmed by the autopsy report. He was traveling with his Delta Chi fraternity brothers for a spring formal, but lost touch with his friends around 10 p.m. that Friday.

Friends allegedly reported him missing when they returned to their hotel the following day and did not find Strain there.

The Delta Chi fraternity did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

Related: A Complete Timeline of Missing Student Riley Strain's Disappearance

Strain's mother, Michelle Whiteid, previously told PEOPLE she spoke with her son the night he was last seen: "I said, ‘Well, you boys be safe. Make good choices. I love you guys.’ And he said, “I love you, too.' And that’s it, that’s the last I have heard from him.”

The two were close, Whiteid said. “If he was having a bad day at school, he would call me and we would talk,” she said. “I’d be like, ‘You just got to get through it, Bub. Not every day is going to be perfect, but you got to find the good in everything.’ ”

She remembered her son as the type of person who "just always wants to make sure that his mama is okay, no matter what. He’s such a great kid.”

Related: Riley Strain's Death 'Hit Home' for 2 Parents Who Share Important Message: 'Never Leave Your Wingman'

Authorities searched until March 22, when Strain’s body was found face down in the Cumberland River, as noted in the autopsy report.

Police initially ruled Strain’s death an accidental drowning — despite speculation about foul play, which police repeatedly pushed back on. Nearly three months later, the autopsy confirmed his manner of death was accidental.

At a press conference held the day Strain's body was found, the college student’s family thanked everyone who assisted with the search.

“We're quite thankful for everything that you've done for our family,” said Chris Whiteid, Strain’s stepdad. “The grace that you've given us, it means a lot, more than you'll ever know.”

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.