New details about body found at tip

Police at a Coolaroo address believed to be the residence of a woman who was found dead at an Epping waste disposal site. Picture: NewsWire / David Crosling

A woman whose body was found at a tip in Melbourne’s north had only lived in her Coolaroo home for about two months, neighbours say.

Investigations remain ongoing after the body was found on Wednesday.

Staff at an Epping tip on Cooper St contacted police after they found the body, which detectives believe was in a bin picked up outside a Coolaroo property that day.

“Investigators believe the woman was inside a bin that was picked up … and then conveyed to the Epping facility,” a police spokeswoman said.

“An investigation is under way to determine the circumstances surrounding the suspicious death.”

Police are keen to speak to any witnesses and people with information. Picture: NewsWire / David Crosling
Staff at an Epping tip contacted police after they found a woman’s body on Wednesday. Picture: NewsWire / David Crosling.

Neighbours told 7News the woman had moved into her Coolaroo home just two months ago, while homicide detectives reportedly searched the property on Sunday.

“It’s heartbreaking. To be killed and put in your own rubbish bin, she didn’t deserve to die that way,” a neighbour told 7News.

Police reportedly used a locksmith to access another home on the same street to access CCTV footage.

The woman is yet to be formally identified. Picture: NewsWire / David Crosling
The body was found inside a waste management facility on Cooper St in Epping. Picture: NewsWire / Luis Enrique Ascui

Neighbours also told 9News they often saw a man’s silver car parked in the driveway and had seen a man taking out bins from the home in the days before the body was found.

The woman is yet to be formally identified, with detectives waiting for the results from a post-mortem investigation.

Police are canvasing CCTV from the Coolaroo area and are keen to speak to anyone who may have CCTV or dashcam footage between Sunday, June 23 and Tuesday, July 2.

Detectives are also keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed anything suspicious in the area around that time.