Denishar's family getting free housing

The family of an 11-year-old Perth girl, who suffered a catastrophic brain injury after a severe electric shock at a public housing property, has been provided with free accommodation to July.

Denishar Woods was shocked with up to 230 volts when she touched a garden tap at a Beldon property in March.

Her mother, Lacey Harrison, told AAP on Sunday the state government had temporarily provided the family with free housing and some support services.

Premier Mark McGowan said legal matters, including a possible ex-gratia payment, would be considered later.

"They've been through a very, very traumatic event and the government is assisting them as much as we possibly can," he told reporters.

"I think every West Australian feels the utmost sympathy for the family."

Ms Harrison has told AAP she expects to receive an ex-gratia payment and will likely settle the case out of court.