A "troubling number" of Papua New Guineans who had their wages stolen in Queensland between the 1930s and 1970s haven't been found to receive a payout.
After a 12-year legal battle the Queensland government last year settled a $190 million Federal Court claim on behalf of 10,000 Indigenous workers who had their wages stolen between 1939 and 1972.
Among those were 221 Papua New Guinean workers who were eligible for compensation, but only 167 have applied for payments.
Without an application, anyone who has a verifiable claim and who can't be located, won't be paid.
Justice Bernard Murphy said the 54 who made up the difference may have died, have no relatives or haven't heard of the case.
"It continues to be a troubling number of people who might miss out," he said on Thursday.
"But there have been really careful efforts to inform people of their rights - very direct messaging in terms of this being your last chance."
The deadline for applications is Friday.
The judge finalised that deadline, but added that further applications could be determined on merit.
In July the court heard about 60 per cent of people involved in the claim had died.
Wages earned by Indigenous workers in Queensland between the 1900s and 1970s were paid to the state rather than individuals, to be held under so-called "Protection Acts".
A reparation scheme was introduced in the early 2000s.
Former Queensland premier Peter Beattie said in 2002 the total figure for stolen wages could be about $500 million.