Days After Man's Ex-Girlfriend Confronted Him And Keyed His Car, Police Find Both Dead

Days after a Georgia woman confronted her ex-boyfriend on a date and damaged his car, both she and the ex-boyfriend turned up dead, police said.

Raegan Anderson and Chandler Kuhbander, both 24, were discovered dead on June 30 in Cocke County, Tennessee, local police announced. The pair had last been seen six days prior, on June 24. Anderson’s vehicle was also discovered, but police did not release any details about their specific location or manner of death.

Kuhbander and Anderson began dating in high school and continued their relationship for seven years until they broke up, Kuhbander’s mother told local news station WJCL. The two were also serving as firefighters, Liberty County Fire Services confirmed in a statement posted on Facebook.

Raegan Anderson and Chandler Kuhbander via Hinesville Police Department
Raegan Anderson and Chandler Kuhbander via Hinesville Police Department Hinesville Police Department

On June 22, Anderson confronted Kuhbander in an Olive Garden in Pooler, Georgia while he was on a date, according to a police report obtained by Newsweek. She followed Kuhbander outside the restaurant, Newsweek reported, and then allegedly keyed his car, broke the gas cap and tore the rear windshield wiper off.

Police located Anderson in a nearby parking lot. She told police she’d vandalized Kuhbander’s car because Kuhbander had made “hurtful” remarks towards her, according to the outlet.

Anderson posted bond shortly after, and she was seen driving outside a mall where Kuhbander’s gym is located on June 24, according to local ABC affiliate WJCL. Kuhbander’s mom said she last heard from her son that same morning, when he called her in distress.

“He was telling me she was blowing up his phone, and he said that she had threatened that she was going to commit suicide,” Jane Kuhbander told the outlet. “And, it’s not the first time that she’s done it.”

In an interview with Court TV, Kuhbander’s mother said she believed her son got into Anderson’s car that day “under duress.”

HuffPost has reached out to Tennessee state and local officials for more details.