The gold futures contract gained 1.24% on Wednesday, as the market retraced most of its Tuesday’s decline. It bounced off a $1,700 support level again. Gold has been trading within a downward correction after reaching new monthly high of $1,775.80 on Monday a week ago. But yesterday’s price action was quite bullish and today it goes higher. But gold extends an over month-long consolidation, as we can see on the daily chart:
Gold is 0.7% higher today, as it is extending a short-term uptrend. Financial markets remain in risk-on mode, as stocks reach new medium-term highs. What about the other precious metals?: Silver gained 0.92% on Wednesday and today it is 0.4% higher, platinum gained 0.55% and today is trading 0.5% lower. Palladium lost 0.54% yesterday and today it is 0.6% lower again.
The recent economic data releases have been confirming negative coronavirus impact on global economies. Today’s U.S. GDP number release came out at -5.0% and Durable Goods Orders fell by 17.2%. The Unemployment Claims remained steady at over 2 million. We will also await the Pending Home Sales number release at 10:00 a.m.
Below you will find our Gold, Silver, and Mining Stocks economic news schedule for the next two trading days. Tomorrow we will get another series of the U.S. economic data releases and a speech from the Fed Chair Powell at 11:00 a.m.:
Thursday, May 28
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Preliminary GDP q/q, Unemployment Claims , Durable Goods Orders m/m, Core Durable Goods Orders m/m, Preliminary GDP Price Index q/q
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – Pending Home Sales m/m
- 11:00 a.m. U.S. – FOMC Member Williams Speech
Friday, May 29
- 5:00 a.m. Eurozone – CPI Flash Estimate y/y, Core CPI Flash Estimate y/y
- 8:30 a.m. Canada – GDP m/m, RMPI m/m, IPPI m/m
- 8:30 a.m. U.S. – Personal Spending m/m, Personal Income m/m, Core PCE Price Index m/m, Goods Trade Balance, Preliminary Wholesale Inventories m/m
- 9:45 a.m. U.S. – Chicago PMI
- 10:00 a.m. U.S. – Revised UoM Consumer Sentiment, Revised UoM Inflation Expectations
- 11:00 a.m. U.S. – Fed Chair Powell Speech
Thank you for reading today’s free analysis. We hope you enjoyed it. If so, we would like to invite you to sign up for our free gold newsletter. Once you sign up, you’ll also get 7-day no-obligation trial of all our premium gold services, including our Gold & Silver Trading Alerts. Sign up today!
For a look at all of today’s economic events, check out our economic calendar.
Stock Selection Strategist
Sunshine Profits: Analysis. Care. Profits.
* * * * *
All essays, research and information found above represent analyses and opinions of Paul Rejczak and Sunshine Profits’ associates only. As such, it may prove wrong and be a subject to change without notice. Opinions and analyses were based on data available to authors of respective essays at the time of writing. Although the information provided above is based on careful research and sources that are believed to be accurate, Paul Rejczak and his associates do not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the data or information reported. The opinions published above are neither an offer nor a recommendation to purchase or sell any securities. Mr. Rejczak is not a Registered Securities Advisor. By reading Paul Rejczak’s reports you fully agree that he will not be held responsible or liable for any decisions you make regarding any information provided in these reports. Investing, trading and speculation in any financial markets may involve high risk of loss. Paul Rejczak, Sunshine Profits’ employees and affiliates as well as members of their families may have a short or long position in any securities, including those mentioned in any of the reports or essays, and may make additional purchases and/or sales of those securities without notice.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock Markets Continue to Defy Gravity
- Gold Price Forecast – Gold Markets Continue to Grind Higher
- Natural Gas Price Forecast – Natural Gas Markets Going Sideways
- USD/JPY Price Forecast – US Dollar Continues to Struggle Against Japanese Yen
- Gold Price Prediction – Prices Edge Higher Following Weak US Data
- USD/CAD Daily Forecast – Flat Despite Broad Weakness Of U.S. Dollar