COVID outbreak in second Tas hospital

·1-min read

Two patients on a non-COVID ward at a Hobart hospital have tested positive to the virus, sparking a contact-tracing program including staff.

The state's health commander, Dale Webster, said the Royal Hobart Hospital patients had minor symptoms.

Other patients on the ward were being tested and tracing was underway, Mr Webster said on Friday.

The exposed medical ward is closed to admissions and visitors, but the rest of the hospital remains open to the public.

The outbreak follows the COVID-positive results of five patients at Launceston General Hospital earlier this week.

There have been five COVID-19 outbreaks in Tasmanian hospitals since the pandemic started.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting