A married couple has been found dead inside their home after they failed to pick up their son from school.
On May 10, police were called to a home in Cirencester, England, following reports the bodies of two people were found inside, Gloucestershire Police said in a statement.
A man and woman, both aged in their 30s, were pronounced dead at the scene. The couple has since been identified as Michael and Maria Greenaway.
"A post mortem examination took place yesterday following the sudden deaths of a man and woman in Cirencester on Monday (10 May)," a statement from Gloucestershire Constabulary released on May 13 said, according to Gloucestershire Live.
According to The Sun, it is believed the couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
A family friend said Ms Greenaway's nine-year-old son had stayed at his grandmother's house the night before.
When the son's school called the grandmother on the 10th saying he had not been picked up from school, she knew something was off, The Sun reported.
The grandmother reportedly broke down her daughter's door and found her body and the body of Mr Greenaway in their bed.
Gloucestershire Live reported an investigation into the pair's death is ongoing and an inquest into their deaths was opened on May 17.
Mr Greenway's family released a statement following his death, saying they are "heartbroken" and described him as a "fun loving and happy go lucky boy".
"He usually had a smile on his face. Michael was our little diamond and his early departure will leave a massive hole in our hearts forever," the statement said.
Mr Greenaway left behind a daughter named Millie.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com