NSW has recorded 18 new cases of coronavirus with majority of cases spread via community transmission.
Sunday’s figures included a newly infected diner who went to Holy Duck! on Kensington Street in Chippendale, in Sydney’s inner city, on July 10 between 7.15pm and 9.30pm.
NSW Health is urging anyone who was at the restaurant between those times to immediately self-isolate for 14 days and get tested if symptoms develop.
Diners must remain in isolation for the 14 days, even if the test is negative.
Holy Duck! was closed for a deep clean on Saturday night, NSW Health said.
The restaurant said in a Facebook statement it was “committed to doing what we can to keep everyone safe and are currently undergoing a deep clean of the restaurant’.
“Once this is completed, we will reopen to the public,” the statement read.
Speaking to the media on Sunday, Dr Jeremy McAnulty addressed the particular concern of some venues and social gatherings aiding in the spread of the disease.
“People are urged to avoid non-essential travel and gatherings. Of particular concern is transmission in venues such as hotels and restaurants, the gym and social gatherings,” Dr McAnulty said.
“We are calling on people across the state to take extra care.”
The cluster linked to the Crossroads Hotel in southwest Sydney stands at 45 cases, with one person being linked to Planet Fitness gym in Casula.
Another case also attended the Anytime Fitness Gym in Merrylands on July 14.
Health authorities are calling for those who were at the gym on that date from 9pm to 10.30pm to self-isolate and watch for symptoms.
Three people, two in southern Sydney and in one in southwestern Sydney, who have returned positive results have no links to clusters in NSW and one case remains under investigation.
NSW ramps up restrictions on overseas arrivals
Five people who have tested positive are returning travellers currently in hotel quarantine.
While recently there has been an increase in community transmission, the bulk of the overall cases in the state are linked to overseas.
On Sunday, it was announced NSW would cap overseas arrivals into Sydney at 350 a day starting Monday under a new agreement with the federal government, 100 people less than the previous cap.
“Our number one priority is the health and safety of the people of NSW, and this new cap will help us protect our state from COVID-19,” NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian said.
“NSW is the gateway to Australia and it is important that passengers returning home do not overrun the capacity of NSW Health and hotel quarantine.
“The people of NSW have done an excellent job putting us in the position we are in today, however we must not let our guard down and this decision will further help keep us safe.”
Jobs Minister Stuart Ayres said Australians had been given plenty of time to return from overseas.
"It is incredibly important the volume of returning travellers does not undo the great work of the people of NSW," Mr Ayres said in a statement on Sunday.
"The people, businesses and industries of NSW can only operate in this 'new normal' if we effectively reduce the spread of COVID-19, and further limiting the cap on returning travellers will help ensure this."
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.