Australia has reached 21 deaths from the novel coronavirus outbreak.
On Wednesday afternoon is was revealed a patient died of COVID-19 at Orange Base Hospital in the Central West of NSW.
According to the ABC, the person had previously been diagnosed with COVID-19 before being admitted to the hospital where they died Wednesday, taking the country’s coronavirus death toll to 21.
Earlier NSW Health announced that an elderly resident from Sydney’s Dorothy Henderson Lodge died on Tuesday.
The 95-year-old became the state’s ninth death and the fifth at the elderly care facility which was at the centre of Sydney’s surge in cases at the start of March.
The state’s confirmed cases grew by 150, an increase on the previous daily total of 114.
There are 4711 cases nationally as of Wednesday morning.
On Wednesday morning, Gladys Berejilkian again stressed for people in NSW to adhere to the new two-person gathering rule.
Amid criticism of the police force’s approach to the restrictions, NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller refuted authorities were being too firm.
He said since the latest tightening of restrictions, there had been no infringements issued.
Commissioner Fuller said officers were using discretion when it came to enforcing the rule.
“Our power of discretion is one of the most powerful powers and we will continue to use that,” he said.
"If you need medical assistance, pharmacies, doctors, the hospital - you can leave. If you need food, you can leave [home].
"If you are driving home and you need a take-away coffee, nothing wrong with jumping out the car and a coffee, just don't sit down and have it there."
South Australia is expected to soon confirm several new cases linked to six Qantas baggage handlers who were among 32 to test positive in the state in the previous 24 hours on Tuesday.
It was a sharp rise from the state’s previous daily total of six.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.