A Queensland police officer facing multiple charges following a high-speed chase in May last year is seeking documents from the state's top cop to aid his defence.
The lawyer for Senior Constable Barry Wellington told Southport Magistrates Court on Tuesday his client had been refused access to documents from Queensland police commissioner Ian Stewart.
Sen Const Wellington, 50, has been charged with dangerous operation of a vehicle and acts to injure, maim or disable following the chase where a gun was allegedly fired.
During a brief mention of the matter on Tuesday, lawyer Calvin Gnech told the court his client's request to obtain documents from Mr Stewart had been refused.
Mr Gnech said he was planning to acquire a subpoena to obtain the documents.
Police prosecutor Michael Mitchell said the Queensland Police Service does not consider the material in question to be admissible.
The matter has been adjourned until January 24 for a potential committal hearing when Sen Const Wellington will be required to appear.