Clapham attack: Video and images released from search for Abdul Shokoor Ezedi

Police hunting for the suspect in a chemical attack on a mother and her daughters in Clapham have released video and images from the search.

Officers have now searched five properties in London and Newcastle in the hunt for Abdul Shokoor Ezedi.

Police pictures show empty containers with corrosive warning labels found during one search.

The injured woman, who was known to the suspect, remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition.

The attack - carried out with a corrosive substance - took place on Lessar Avenue, Clapham at 19:25 GMT on Wednesday.

The mother, 31, is said to have experienced life-changing injuries while her daughters, aged three and eight, suffered injuries not "as serious as first thought".

Members of the public who tried to intervene and police officers attending the scene were also treated for injuries.

Dozens of calls have been received by the Met Police following an appeal, and searches have taken place at two addresses in east London and three in Newcastle.

Forensic tests are ongoing to determine if two containers found in Newcastle held the corrosive substance used during the attack.

Police are also trying to piece together the suspect's movements.

The 35-year-old left the Newcastle area in the early hours of Wednesday before travelling down to the capital.

At 21:00, he was captured on CCTV entering King's Cross underground station and boarding a southbound Victoria line train.

On Friday afternoon, Metropolitan Police Cdr Jon Savell called on the man - who has significant injuries to the right side of his face - to come forward.

CCTV image of Abdul Ezedi boarding the London Underground at King's Cross station
This is the latest image to be released by the Met Police - showing Ezedi at King's Cross

Three women and a man attempted to stop the attacker as he fled the scene.

He tried to leave in a car, but he collided with a parked vehicle and then ran on foot towards Clapham Common.

Three members of the public who came to the aid of the family have been discharged from hospital with minor burns.

Five officers who attended the attack were treated and have now left hospital.

Map showing timeline of Ezidi's movements according to the Met Police
Map showing timeline of Ezidi's movements according to the Met Police

The BBC has confirmed that Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, who is believed to have travelled on a lorry from Afghanistan in 2016, was convicted of a sexual offence in 2018.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said he was sentenced on 9 January 2018 after pleading guilty to one charge of sexual assault and one of exposure.

He was given a suspended sentence at Newcastle Crown Court and put on the sex offenders' register for 10 years.

Ezedi was later granted asylum after two failed attempts. He was allowed to stay in the country after a priest confirmed he had converted to Christianity.

An asylum seeker can claim asylum in the UK if they fear religious persecution in their native country.

It is not yet known which Christian denomination supported the man's claim.

The Catholic Church in the North East confirmed he was part of a justice and peace charitable project, but has yet to confirm whether he was helped in other ways.

The BBC has spoken to the owner of a supermarket in Byker, Newcastle, who said he saw Ezedi in his shop on Tuesday.

"He seemed normal and relaxed and in general was always respectful and polite. He worked six or seven days in a pizza shop behind the counter," the shop owner called Yaya said.

"I was shocked. He was working hard. In the two years I knew him he never drank.

"A few months ago he said he was working hard to go back to Afghanistan to get married to a woman and bring her back to the UK, because he was tired of being single."

Anyone with information about the suspect is being asked to contact the police. Cdr Savell said the man should not be approached and that anyone who sees him should dial 999.