Multiple people, including children, have been taken to hospital after they were potentially exposed to deadly chemicals at a Sydney pool.
Paramedics were called to Swim 2 Me pool on Hoxton Park Rd in Prestons, west of Liverpool, about 4pm on Friday.
Several people at the pool were suffering from shortness of breath and required medical intervention.
Six children and four adults were taken to nearby hospitals in a stable condition while four others were assessed at the scene.
A NSW Ambulance spokesperson said witnesses had called emergency services to report gas and the smell of chlorine.
Fire and Rescue NSW Superintendent Glen Lord said a "toxic cloud" was created by mixing two common pool chemicals.
"They've mixed some hydrochloric acid and some chlorine and that's given off a reaction," he said.
About 30 people were evacuated from the facility which was ventilated before being declared safe just before 5.30pm.
A bucket found in the back of a ute was determined by FRNSW to have been the source of the fuming event.
Police will continue to investigate the incident with the help of WorkCover NSW.