WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES: A chef from Queensland has suffered significant burns to more than 40 per cent of his body after an accident while working.
On May 8, chef Sturgis Turton was working at the General Gordon Hotel in Sandiford, Queensland.
Mr Turton was changing the oil in the deep fryer and holding the bucket of searing hot oil when he slipped, covering himself in the oil.
According to GoFundMe, the oil caused "severe" burns covering more than 40 per cent of his body, saying that he is now being treated at Brisbane Hospital.
Speaking to 7News, Mr Turton's colleague and son of the General Gordon Hotel's owners, Jimmy Butlin, described the ordeal as "pretty awful" and said he saw him just before he was taken to hospital.
Mr Butlin said Mr Turton was covered in huge blisters.
“They’ve all popped, and his whole body’s just red and purple. Just burned," he told 7News.
“He said it’s the worst pain he’s ever experienced.”
The GoFundMe was set up to help pay Mr Turton's bills and help out the General Gordon Hotel cope without a chef.
"Any donations are much appreciated and will help a lot," the GoFundMe says.
Mr Butlin said Mr Turton was a "great bloke" who worked hard at the hotel and helped out his mother, the owner.
He said he doesn't know what they will do without Mr Turton.
The GoFundMe has raised $1190 of the $5000 goal with 17 people donating to the cause.
"Wishing you a speedy recovery Sturgis," one donor said.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org