CCTV footage sought over Guy Sebastian's fence fracas
Guy Sebastian has been ordered to hand over CCTV footage a lawyer says will show him holding a brick and "towering over" his much older neighbour.
The singer, 41, sought an apprehended violence order against his 66-year-old neighbour Phillip Richard Hanslow following a feud between the pair in suburban Sydney.
The order was granted in February.
Hanslow was also charged with intimidating Sebastian and damaging his fence.
The matter returned to Waverley Local Court on Thursday.
Hanslow's lawyer Bryan Wrench told the court a subpoena would force Sebastian to hand over footage.
"That footage was not provided to the police, and it would show Mr Sebastian with a brick in his hand towering over our client. That's why we're quite concerned that it is served and produced," Mr Wrench said.
Sebastian's solicitor had said two weeks would be needed to provide the footage, Mr Wrench said.
Magistrate Jacqueline Milledge ordered the subpoena to be returned on March 23.
The dispute arose over a fence, which Hanslow was fixing to match the look of Sebastian's multimillion-dollar neighbouring Maroubra property, Mr Wrench said.
"I should say, that fence has now been fully repaired on his side to match (Sebastian's)," Mr Wrench said.
The magistrate replied: "What do they say, good fences make good neighbours?"
Mr Wrench sought to have proceedings discontinued and told the court it was not a matter of domestic violence.
"It's personal violence. It still belongs here," Ms Milledge said.
Leaving court, Mr Wrench told reporters his client would continue fighting.
"We're looking forward to clearing our name in this matter," Mr Wrench said.
Hanslow previously told the court he was dealing with several health issues.
"I just spent four hours on the operating table," he said as he walked from the building on Thursday.
Sebastian was not present for the hearing.
The dispute between the neighbours has been simmering for years, sparked by the purchase, knockdown and rebuild of the house on the 1400sqm block neighbouring Hanslow's property.
The three-level concrete and glass home designed by architect Joe Snell has attracted comparisons to a fortress and overlooks neighbouring properties.
The project began in 2016 and the home was completed in 2019.
Sebastian told a Brisbane radio station in 2019 that one of his neighbours was "a bit filthy at everyone".
Hanslow is living at a different address in southwest Sydney.