'Be careful': Woman's 'very disturbing' find in Woolworths salad

A Sydney woman says she found a safety pin in a ready-made salad she purchased from Woolworths.

In a Facebook post that was shared to Woolworths’ Facebook page, the customer said she had bought two salads from the store’s branch in Penrith, west of Sydney, on April 20.

The unpleasant surprise one of the salads contained was not discovered until it was nearly eaten by her friend.

A Sydney woman says she found a safety pin in a ready-made salad she purchased from Woolworths. Source: Facebook

“If anyone bought this salad from Woolworths Penrith in plaza plz (sic) be careful,” she warned.

“A friend was eating the salad today and felt something in his mouth. He spat it out and it contained a safety pin.”

She added only one of the salads purchased had a foreign object in it.

Accompanying the woman’s post were photographs of the salad as well as the safety pin on the edge of a plate.

The safety pin was discovered in one of the customer’s salads while it was being eaten, the woman says. Source: Facebook

Woolworths responded to the customer’s warning, which was posted to the supermarket’s Facebook page by her son, saying the store was “very concerned about this and take incidents like this very seriously”.

The customer’s son described the unpleasant find in the salad as “very disturbing” and reiterated his mum’s warning to others to “please be careful”.

Yahoo News Australia has contacted Woolworths for further comment.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook, download the Yahoo News app from iTunes or Google Play and stay up to date with the latest news with Yahoo’s daily newsletter. Sign up here.