A bride has died at her wedding reception after she suffered anaphylactic shock reportedly caused by a nut allergy.
Alexandra Erokhova, 25, had an extreme reaction when she ate sweet dishes at the meal immediately following her nuptials at a Russian palace.
Guests rushed to assist the bride who “began to suffocate at the table”.
They called an ambulance to a banquet hall at Tsaritsyno Palace, founded by Catherine the Great, in Moscow where the wedding party was held.
A resuscitation team arrived, but “was unable to save the bride”, reports said.
Doctors said she had suffered "anaphylactic shock" believed to have been caused by a nut allergy.
Ms Erokhova had suffered from a nut allergy since childhood and relatives had told this to the cooks in advance, according to her family.
The sweet dishes which the bride ate did contain nuts, according to reports.
She had studied banking and finance at the elite Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration in Moscow.
Police are understood to be investigating the tragedy.
Do you have a story tip? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.