A Northern Beaches bride and members of her family are reportedly among those slapped with a $1000 fine after they allegedly breached Covid restrictions to attend her wedding in Sydney’s CBD.
An “aghast” Premier Gladys Berejiklian and Police Minister David Elliott have both slammed the actions of those disregarding the rules during the December 27 event, with the latter branding it a “bastard act”.
NSW Police have so far handed out 12 fines with investigations into the wedding at Pyrmont’s Doltone House ongoing.
The bride, from Beacon Hill, which is under a stay at home order until at least January 2, and several members of her family members are among those fined.
The groom however, has not breached regulations.
Video obtained by Nine News of the reception shows the bride and groom entering the room, dancing with their arms aloft.
Other video shows dozens of guests mingling together outside.
The couple had cancelled their wedding twice before their big day, Nine News reported.
Covid rule breaches put ‘entire country at risk
Ms Berejiklian said such breaches puts not only the state but the entire country at risk.
“That is the type of behaviour that risks it for everybody,” she told reporters.
“All of us are shaking our heads, absolutely aghast that that occurred.”
Police were tipped off anonymously regarding the breach and the premier warned those doing the wrong thing will get caught.
Those fined age between 19 and 63 and are from Allambie Heights, Narraweena, Frenchs Forest and Beacon Hill.
The Northern Beaches cluster sits at 129 cases.
Health authorities are scrambling to trace three new cases in and around the Sydney area not linked to the cluster.
"We don't want people to think we're out of the woods, far from it," Ms Berejiklian said.
Do you have a story tip? Email: email@example.com.