WHO IS ADEM SOMYUREK
* A factional powerbroker in Victorian Labor, first elected to parliament in 2002
WHAT ARE THE ALLEGATIONS
* The Age and 60 Minutes, in a joint investigation, aired recordings of Mr Somyurek allegedly handing over cash and using parliamentary employees to create fake branch members to amass political influence within Labor
* He allegedly got people to forge signatures and create false statements in which branch members claim to have paid for their own memberships in line with party rules
* Factional allies Marlene Kairouz and Robin Scott are accused of being involved too, but remain ministers
* Mr Somyurek labelled Prevention of Family Violence Minister Gabrielle Williams a "stupid bitch" whom he will "f***ing force ... out of the ministry"
* He also describes young staffers helping him as "patronising and annoying", and "slimy little f***ers, little passive-aggressive f***ing gay kids".'
STATEMENT FROM ADEM SOMYUREK
* Mr Somyurek on Monday said he resigned from the ministry
* He wants Victoria Police to investigate the "publication of numerous personal and private conversations between myself and a long term friend and factional ally"
* "It is clear that I was taped and surveilled in a federal electorate office without my knowledge and that this material was published without my knowledge of its existence or my consent"
* He rejects allegations of branch stacking
* However he apologised for the comments about Ms Williams and the young Labor staffers, saying, "These comments have quite rightly cost me my job."
STATEMENT FROM PREMIER DANIEL ANDREWS
* Mr Andrews says he gave Mr Somyurek no option to resign and he was instead sacked
* "Mr Somyurek's comments are derogatory and offensive and are unacceptable to the Government. His threatening language towards Gabrielle Williams, the Minister for Women, is a disgrace and cannot be tolerated."
* The premier has referred the allegations to Victoria Police and the Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission
* "I have also written to the National Executive of the Australian Labor Party asking that Mr Somyurek's membership be terminated.
STATEMENT FROM GABRIELLE WILLIAMS
* "Violent, misogynistic language perpetuates the attitudes and behaviours that enable a culture of violence against women."
* "Today and every day, this Government is working tirelessly to end violence against women and build a gender equal Victoria. Last night was another reminder of how important this work is, and how much work there is still left to do. Words spoken by one man will not derail this work."