Two teenage boys charged with the murder of Queanbeyan service station worker Zeeshan Akbar during a violent rampage have refused to appear in court.
The boys, aged 15 and 16, face a string of charges including murder and aggravated robbery following their arrest in the ACT on April 7.
They've since been extradited to NSW and were due to appear in Queanbeyan Children's Court via video link from custody on Wednesday but their lawyers told magistrate Michael Antrum they did not wish to appear.
The boys are accused of murdering the 29-year-old Caltex employee on the night of April 6, allegedly robbing his cash drawer while armed with a knife.
They're also accused of entering a Queanbeyan home that night and maliciously inflicting actual bodily harm on a man who lived there with the intention to steal.
It's alleged that shortly after, in the early hours on April 7, they took a Ford Falcon while the owner of the car was still in it inflicting actual bodily harm on the man.
They're also charged with wounding him with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
The older boy is also charged with assaulting another man on the night.
Lawyers for the boys objected to an application from the Director of Public Prosecutions for further forensic testing to be conducted, including mouth swabs for DNA testing, and photographs and measurements of their bodies for biometric testing.
Lawyers Dean Rutherford and Melissa Schenk argued tests had already been ordered during an earlier court hearing.
The magistrate granted the application by prosecutor Grant Gaynor, saying he was satisfied further tests were necessary based on the evidence and the gravity of the allegations.
Suppression orders preventing the reporting of the case were lifted following an application by the media.
Mr Antrum said open courts were a function of the justice system but made an order prohibiting identification of the accused boys and their families.
The matter will return to court on October 25.