Boy, 3, suffers serious burns at Sydney teppanyaki restaurant

A little boy and his father have been hospitalised after suffering serious burns at a restaurant in Sydney’s southwest.

The boy, 3, and his dad, 45, were at Narellan Town Centre on Sunday when both suffered burns to their face and arms about 12.30pm, a NSW Ambulance spokesman said.

This was said to be the moment the little boy and his dad were burnt inside the restaurant. Source: 7 News

“Five crews including our aeromedical team which carries a critical care doctor and critical care paramedic attended,” he said.

“The man was transported to Concord Hospital and the boy to Westmead Children’s Hospital.”

They were both hospitalised in a serious condition.

A Westmead Children’s Hospital spokesperson on Monday told Yahoo News Australia the boy remains in a serious but stable condition.

A boy is carried on to a stretcher by a blonde woman in Narellan.

The spokesperson confirmed the boy had been at a teppanyaki restaurant when the incident occurred.

The boy and his dad were celebrating a birthday at the restaurant when flames came off a hot plate while a chef was pouring oil on it, 7 News reported.

A NSW Police spokesman confirmed officers attended the call but it’s not expected any further action will be taken.

Do you have a story tip? Email: newsroomau@yahoonews.com.

You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, download the Yahoo News app from the App Store or Google Play and stay up to date with the latest news with Yahoo’s daily newsletter. Sign up here.