The first round of payments have been made to states and territories to increase support for frontline domestic violence services as part of a multi-million dollar partnership.
The federal government's $260 million national partnership on family, domestic and sexual violence was rolled out to jurisdictions from Friday.
The measure was introduced as part of the last federal budget as part of a two-year partnership.
Women's Safety Minister Anne Ruston said the payments come amid an increase in demand for frontline services in states and territories because of COVID-19.
"It is being used to bolster frontline worker numbers, expand crisis accommodation, sexual violence support, counselling and crisis management," Senator Ruston said.
"Funding is also being directed to help women and children who may have additional barriers to accessing support such as migrants, people with disability, LGBTIQA communities and women and children living in rural and remote communities."
The first round of payments to jurisdictions will total $65 million, with states and territories able to determine when the funding goes to.
All jurisdictions will receive the funds by Friday, with the exception of the Northern Territory which will receive its in February.
The funding is on top of $130 million provided by the commonwealth as part of a COVID-19 response.
The funds provided in 2020 went to more than 470 family and domestic violence frontline organisations.
"Among the projects funded there was also a focus on offering services to give women the skills and confidence to leave a violent relationship and live independently," Senator Ruston said.
The payments come after a domestic, family and sexual violence commission was announced by the government in November last year, as part of the next national plan.
The commission would see more than $22 million invested over a five-year period.
It is expected the commission will help to support policy development to address violence against women.
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
Lifeline 13 11 14