Bieber Aussie tour still on despite break

·2-min read

Pop star Justin Bieber's tour of Australia and New Zealand is expected to still go ahead, despite the singer cancelling upcoming concerts.

Earlier in 2022, Bieber revealed he was too unwell to play shows on his Justice world tour due to Ramsay Hunt syndrome, which left the right side of his face paralysed.

After pausing the tour, he returned to the stage just weeks ago but says after six live shows in Europe followed by Rock in Rio, he needs another break.

"After getting off stage, the exhaustion overtook me and I realised I need to make my health the priority right now," he said in a statement on Instagram on Wednesday.

"So I'm going to take a break from touring for the time being. I'm going to be ok, but I need time to rest and get better. I've been so proud to bring this show and our message of Justice to the world. Thank you for your prayers and support throughout all of this! I love you all passionately."

But the promoters of Bieber's Justice tour in Australia, Frontier Touring, believe the Australian and New Zealand dates in November and December should go ahead despite the setback.

"We are aware that Justin Bieber has decided to take a break from touring and wish Justin a speedy recovery and admire his decision to put his health first," Frontier said in a statement to AAP.

"We can't wait to see him back on the road. Our understanding is the Australian and New Zealand leg of the tour is set to continue as scheduled."

Bieber's illness forced him to cancel the North American leg of his Justice world tour in June.

His latest album Justice was released in March 2021, and the tour was to take place from May until March 2023, with more than 90 dates across 20 countries.