One of a dozen men charged with murder over a Brisbane brawl that left one teenager dead and others critically injured has been granted bail.
Family and friends of Anas Ayman Abdu Musa have offered their homes to meet a $100,000 surety to secure his freedom.
Musa was also placed on a strict curfew, must report daily to police and also wear a 24-hour tracing device.
He is one of 12 people charged over the death of Girum Mekonnen, 19, who died after a fight between two groups of about 20 African youths at playing fields in Zillmere on September 13.
Charges for the 12, aged between 18 and 32, include murder, grievous bodily harm, affray and disobedience to lawful order.
The Crown objected to Musa's application for bail, saying he knowingly participated in the violence and posed a safety risk to the community.
They said there had been other acts of retaliation since the brawl.
"The allegation is that these offences were a reprisal attack for another incident that happened earlier," the prosecution said.
"The concern is twofold, that if released on bail the applicant might involve himself in further acts of retaliation and escalation of these acts of violence in the community.
'Also that he may become a victim of retaliatory attacks."
However, Justice Susan Brown granted Musa bail, ordering he live with his parents and six siblings.
"The applicant has frankly conceded there is a prima facie case that the applicant was present on the day in question and probably armed with a baseball bat," Judge Brown said.
"It however contends that the evidence against the applicant does not show that he was engaged in any actual violence - only that he was present.
"I am satisfied that the applicant has established that his detention in custody is not justified subject to a 24-hour curfew."