AUSTRALIA REOPENS BORDERS FOR VISA HOLDERS:
* Eligible visa holders will be able to travel to Australia without applying for an exemption from December 1.
* Visa holders will need to have been fully vaccinated with a vaccine recognised by the Therapeutic Goods Administration.
* Visa holders will need to hold a valid visa, provide proof of their vaccine status and present a negative PCR test within three days of their departure.
* Eligible people include those on economic, student, humanitarian as well as temporary and provisional family visas.
* Twenty-eight visa types will be eligible under the scheme.
* The government will allow for more than 235,000 visa holders to travel to Australia.
* Citizens from Japan and South Korea will also be able to arrive in Australia without a travel exemption from December 1.
* Previously, only Australian citizens, permanent residents and their families have been able to travel from overseas without the need to quarantine.
* More than one million travellers on visitor visas will be allowed to come to Australia at a later date yet to be set by the government.