Aussie dad, son electrocuted in Thailand

Belinda Tasker

An Australian man and his 10-year-old son have been electrocuted while trying to repair a pool pump at their home in Thailand.

The bodies of Andrew Fenwick, 66, and his son Jason were found near the pump in the storage room of the family's home in the Muang district of Rayong province southeast of Bangkok on Monday afternoon, local media reported.

Mr Fenwick was still clutching a spanner in his right hand, while Jason's left hand was gripping an iron gate, police told the Chiangrai Times.

The boy had burns on his hand, body and face.

Mr Fenwick's wife, Somrudi Krailob Fenwick, who goes by Ning Fenwick on Facebook, has since shared a heartbreaking tribute to her husband and child.

"We will be together forever! I'll talk to you everyday, will look at you everyday," she wrote in a Facebook post.

Deputy investigation inspector Captain Kaweewuth Boonruang said it was believed Mr Fenwick was electrocuted while fixing the pump.

His son suffered the same fate after being struck by an electric current as he ran through a puddle on the floor.

Ms Fenwick was not home at the time and was alerted by neighbours.

Police were called to the house after Mr Fenwick's distressed youngest son, Justin, four, was found crying by a guard at the housing complex where they lived.