Another teen charged over beach death

A teenager charged over a brawl that left an 18-year-old boy dead in Melbourne has told a court he had to ditch a plaster cast after the incident.

The 18-year-old from Albion was charged on Thursday after a two-week police search for him.

He's charged with violent disorder and affray over an altercation at St Kilda beach on December 4 last year.

The body of Hashim Mohamed, 18, was discovered with stab wounds nearby a short time after the incident.

The other teen cannot be identified because he was only 17 at the time, but also appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court on separate offences allegedly committed after his late-December birthday.

He's charged with robbing a person of their iPhone while armed with a kitchen knife, possessing a controlled weapon and unlawful imprisonment, as well as three charges of committing offences while on bail.

His lawyers told the court this was his first time in custody and that he would need to see a custody management officer because of his injuries from a November car accident.

The teen suffered a number of broken bones including ribs and a fractured wrist, and would need a plaster cast on his right arm, his lawyer said.

"I had to dump it after the thing at St Kilda," the boy told magistrate Simon Zebrowski.

The teen was remanded in custody ahead of a bail application next Friday.

Prosecutors have also flagged an application to revoke an existing grant of bail.

Five other teenagers have faced children's courts on violent disorder and affray charges over the incident.

During bail applications for two of those boys, who were 16 and 17, a Youth Justice worker revealed "concerns regarding conflict in the community with two peer groups".

They were released on bail with conditions including that they not associate with their co-accused or members of the Original Gangster Killers gang.