TIPS FOR MEDIBANK CUSTOMERS
* Be alert for any phone, email or postal phishing scams.
* Verify any communications you receive to make sure they are real.
* Don't open text messages from unknown or suspicious numbers.
* Change passwords regularly, ensure they are classed as "strong'', don't re-use old passwords, and activate two-factor authentication where possible.
* Immediately report any contact from someone claiming to have your data to ReportCyber, and report any scams to Scamwatch.
* Remember Medibank would never actually contact customers asking for sensitive information, including passwords.