Man wanted over fatal hit-and-run in Melbourne arrested

A man suspected of being behind the wheel in a fatal Melbourne hit-and-run on Monday has been arrested.

 

Sebastian Kennett, 20, was arrested alongside two other males in Blackburn South following the horror smash that killed Lynda Hanson, bringing an end to police's three-day man hunt.

The 53-year-old died on Monday night after a stolen Lexus ran a red light and crashed into her hatchback at Oakleigh, with the driver of the stolen car fleeing while nearby residents performed CPR on the nurse.

Sebastian Kennett had been on the run since Monday. Source: 7 News

Kennett had ignored warnings from police to hand himself in, who stepped up their search on Wednesday issuing a warrant for his arrest, two days after the fatal crash.

"We have appealed for Mr Kennett to come forward and he hasn't taken up that offer so we are going to step it up a few notches," Acting Detective Inspector Brad McArthur told reporters on Wednesday.

Lynda Hansen was killed in the hit-and-run. Source: 7n News

Ms Hansen's family said the beloved 53-year-old was a "very caring and family orientated" person.

"Lynda leaves behind many shocked and devastated friends and family members," the family said in a statement on Tuesday.

Back To Top
feedback