Get ready. Earnings season really picks up this week.
Over 900 companies are expected to report earnings, including most of FANGMAN and the rest of FAANG.
But there are dozens of other hot growth stocks that also will be reporting, many of which have great earnings surprise track records and hot charts.
Despite a global pandemic, there are stocks busting out to new 5-year highs in 2020 including these 5 companies.
Not only are these companies hot, but they have solid earnings surprise track records with most of them beating nearly every quarter for years.
That’s not easy to do, especially during a pandemic.
Will they keep up their incredible momentum this week?
5 Earnings Charts at 5-Year Highs
1. Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. SWK hasn’t missed on earnings in 5 years. That’s an impressive track record. Shares are hitting new 5-year highs, up 4.1% year-to-date after rebounding off the March coronavirus sell-off. Does it have more gas left in the tank?
2. Crocs, Inc. CROX has beat 3 out of the last 4 quarters. Their shoes are back on trend and the result has been the shares surging 23% year-to-date to new 5-year highs. Can it continue to break out?
3. Microsoft MSFT has only missed one time in the last 5 years and it was all the way back in 2016. That’s a great earnings surprise streak. Shares are back to 5-year highs. It’s not cheap, with a forward P/E of 34. Will it beat again?
4. Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD has only missed once since 2017. Shares have soared 74% year-to-date and it is one of the most popular chip stocks in 2020. But with a forward P/E of 74, is it too hot to handle?
5. Enphase Energy ENPH has beat 6 quarters in a row. This solar energy technology company is hitting 5-year highs as shares are up 290% year-to-date. It’s not cheap with a forward P/E of 88. Are the bulls too bullish about the solar story?
[In full disclosure, the author of this article owns shares of Microsoft in her personal portfolio.]
More Stock News: This Is Bigger than the iPhone!
It could become the mother of all technological revolutions. Apple sold a mere 1 billion iPhones in 10 years but a new breakthrough is expected to generate more than 27 billion devices in just 3 years, creating a $1.7 trillion market.
Zacks has just released a Special Report that spotlights this fast-emerging phenomenon and 6 tickers for taking advantage of it. If you don't buy now, you may kick yourself in 2021.
Click here for the 6 trades >>
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report
Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Stanley Black Decker, Inc. (SWK) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Enphase Energy, Inc. (ENPH) : Free Stock Analysis Report
Crocs, Inc. (CROX) : Free Stock Analysis Report
To read this article on Zacks.com click here.
Zacks Investment Research