Now a trail of their own emails are working against the banks as hundreds of people take action against them.
With more and more loans being cancelled, more victims are coming forward.More stories from Today Tonight
- Westpac is committed to upholding our obligations under the Code of Banking Practice. Wherever a customer has been a victim of fraudulent activity we take steps to resolve their complaints quickly and fairly.
- ANZ was not a major player in the lo-doc market with ANZ branded products and we reject allegations that we’ve somehow been involved in improperly promoting lo-doc lending or knowingly issuing loans based on fraudulent applications.
- Where we had customers seeking ANZ-branded lo-doc loans, the income self-verified by the borrower is subject to income benchmarking by the industry and receipt of BAS lodgement or accountant verification. All other lending policies applied including valuation of the property, serviceability checks and credit bureau checks.
- Do you accept claims that your bank has been involved in and actively promoted imprudent lending practices in the lo-doc market over the last decade? No.
- Do you accept claims that your bank has issued lo-doc loans on the basis of fraudulent Loan Application Forms? No.
- Banking and Finance Consumers Support Association - www.bfcsa.com.au
OUR SOCIAL SITES
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest