To make sure, we've gone directly to the experts for their advice, and discovered that you can find some massive discounts for even the best gifts of the bunch.
Toy testing is serious business, and pint-sized judges can make or break the $2.5 billion toy industry.
So which toys got their tick of approval for Christmas this year?More stories from Today Tonight
Toys for boys under ten
- Razor Ground Force Drifter - RRP $399
- Air Hogs Hover Assault - RRP $74.99
- Hot Wheels Ballistiks Combat Cannon - RRP $44.79
- Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Power Tower - RRP $78.99
- Pillow Pets - RRP $19.95
- Razor Powerwing - RRP $129
- Barbie Sisters Cruise Ship - RRP $156.99
- Fijit Friends - RRP $109.99
Mattel marketing director Amanda Oligoss knows her smallest employees have the biggest influence.
"Toy testers have a very clear idea of what they like and what they don't like, and Mattel's always been about listening to what kids are really interested in."
And according to Catherine Rickett from Funtastic there are some toys we just can't get enough of.
"Pillow pets has been a toy industry phenomenon. We've sold almost two million units since we launched last Christmas, and it continues to be just as popular this Christmas."
OUR SOCIAL SITES
Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest