One man has died and dozens more have needed treatment after a carbon monoxide leak at a New York restaurant.
indications we are getting is starting to come through.
Thank you, Bill.
One man has died and dozens more have needed hospital treatment after a carbon monoxide leak at a New York restaurant.
Emergency services initially thought a victim had just taken a fall, but recognised the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning when they too started feeling sick.
Saturday night, the start of the dinner rush in New York.
They started telling everybody to get out.
One of 28 first responders.
The fire department showed up and said that there is a high CO content in the building and that you have to get out.
By that time, we were all really in retrospect starting to feel the effects.
The restaurant's 55-year-old manager died at the hospital from the gas.
Customers got out unharmed, leaving their meals uninitialed.
Today, the restaurant is condemned, the leak back to a faulty pipe in the heating system.
Today the CEO expressed condolences, vowing to conduct safety checks in all of its restaurants.
You get a lot of call this is time of year?
This firehouse today alone had 2-3 calls.
An average 439 die in the US every year from this.
Just today, emergency crews responded to a hotel, 10 people reportedly were overcome by gas.
We believe it's a problem in the old building, we are investigating that further at this time.
In February, dozens of people evacuated an hotel.
In Carolina, six people were sickened at a church.
What are the things that people need to do?
People need to do, most of all, is this have a detector.
And know the symptoms which mimic the flu, headache, fatigue, dizziness, confusion and