The head of New Zealand Cricket is refusing to name the former international players caught up in an investigation in alleged match-fixing.
Chief executive David White told media that he knew who was the subject of the probe by the International Cricket Council (ICC) but did not name them.
"This is an investigation that is being run by the ICC and I simply can't comment any further," he told reporters in Dunedin on Thursday.
He declined to reveal how many players were under scrutiny saying only that it was "a small number" but the allegations had rocked NZ Cricket.
"We are shocked and surprised by the allegations.
"We support the ICC's investigation as corruption has no place in our sport."
The ICC says no players have been charged with any offence but a probe is ongoing into "fixing activity" and related matters.
Its anti-corruption and security unit was leading the investigation.
White said it had been aware of the probe for several months against the former players.
"No current New Zealand players are being investigated. No games played in New Zealand are being investigated and no matches under New Zealand Cricket jurisdiction are being investigated."
Former international Iain O'Brien tweeted that if people thought no New Zealanders were in match fixing then they were naive.
The revelation comes less than a week after the government released a report into corruption into New Zealand sport in which it asserted there was little to be concerned about.
However, Sports Minister Murray McCully promised to ramp up the fight against corruption by implementing greater information sharing among government and sporting bodies to stamp out potential match-fixing, doping and illegal activity.
The report was instigated after the Australia Crime Commission (ACC) earlier this year linked organised crime and banned substances to several Australian sporting codes including rugby league and Australian Rules football.