Perth Glory have finalised their coaching team for the 2012/13 A-League season with Stuart Munro and Mark Jones to work alongside Head Coach Ian Ferguson.
For the third season, Munro will be Ferguson’s senior assistant while Jones will take the role of assistant.
“We are delighted to have them both on board,” Ferguson said.
“I’m really please Stuart is with the club again and Mark will bring great experience having coached in the A-League (as an assistant) and the New South Wales Institute of Sport.”
Jones, a former Australia Youth international played more than 200 games in the National Soccer League, arrives in Perth tomorrow with a wealth of Hyundai A-League knowledge.
From 2006-10, Jones was an assistant coach with the Newcastle Jets, enjoying Championship success in 2008.
“I’m excited to be given an opportunity to be involved in the A-League again,” Jones said.
“I’m grateful to coach at this level and feel I have a lot to offer.
“Perth Glory did tremendously well last season, they have very good youth development at the club and Western Australia is an exciting place to coach.”
Perth Glory have also released their pre-season schedule, highlighted by three quality games during the club’s pre-season camp in South Africa.
· July 17/18 – Local Friendly (6PR Stadium, Inglewood)
· July 24 – Amazulu (South Africa)
· July 29 – Platinum All Stars (South Africa)
· August 8 – Bid Vest Wits (South Africa)
· August 21 – WA State Team (6PR Stadium,Inglewood)
· August 25 – Internal Club Charity Game (Carnarvon)
· September 5 – Inglewood United (6PR Stadium, Inglewood)
· September 12 – WA State Team (6PR Stadium, Inglewood)
· September 19 – Interstate A-League game (TBC)
· September 22 – Melbourne Heart (Melbourne)· September 26 – Local Friendly (6PR Stadium, Inglewood)