Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley says he is frustrated by the number of people whose reputations have been battered by the Australian Crime Commission's report last week.
But Geelong coach Chris Scott says the clubs have no choice but to accept the ongoing speculation and wait for answers.
The ACC sent shockwaves through Australian sport last week when it said illegal drug use was widespread throughout several codes.
The AFL has since announced that only Essendon and one player from another un-named club were at the centre of the investigation.
Buckley said too many people were being tarnished by the lack of information being made public.
"I think all of us have seen it watered down in the past week or so, to the point where there's an element of frustration," Buckley said.
"If you're going to make those claims, be specific about them because you have tarnished the sport and you have brought individuals of great quality and reputation into disrepute."
Buckley was confident Collingwood was not the other club under investigation and Scott said Essendon sports scientist Dean Robinson's previous employment at Geelong should not make the Cats a suspect.
Scott said the uncertainty was an unfortunate reality of the investigation and clubs simply had to accept it.
"The Federal Government, the ACC, the AFL, ASADA - they all have their job to do. I'm comfortable to trust them do the job to the best of their ability," he said.
"When those organisations decide it is time to move forward with information then that will be OK by me. There's going to be speculation and sensationalism around a whole lot of people and teams and groups of people that's unfair. But I think as a competition we've got to suck it up and just ride it out."
Buckley, who will coach against Essendon in Friday night's NAB Cup matches at Etihad Stadium, said he sympathised with Bombers coach James Hird but said the Brownlow medallist's leadership would shine throughout the drama.
Australian athletes competing at next year's Winter Olympics will be the first in the world to sign statutory declarations saying they have no history of doping in sport.
The Australian Olympic Committee announced the introduction of the landmark rule yesterday in the midst of the current scandal.
With those competing at the 2014 Sochi Games kick-starting the process it will now be mandatory for all future Australian Olympians to sign a statutory declaration about doping, with those who lie facing up to five years imprisonment.
All members of the AOC's executive, its committees and commission as well as AOC staff will also be required to make the statutory declaration in the coming weeks.Anyone refusing to sign will be ineligible for the team.
Do the Eagles get away with ducking when tackled?Vote
Do you have a story for us to investigate?
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.