A small backyard fire that started in an organic compost bin in Leschenault yesterday was a reminder for residents to be vigilant during the hot weather.
Volunteer emergency services attended the fire at 3.23pm yesterday, which had spread into adjoining bushland.
The fire was extinguished in just over an hour later and there was no property damage.
Residents are asked to keep themselves and their property safe as the risk of fire increases dramatically with the warm weather conditions.Report fires to 000 and any suspicious behaviour to Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.