Police are investigating after a fire destroyed a home in Karratha last night.
The blaze started on Smith Place, in Nickol, about 10pm.
Volunteer fire fighters worked to control the blaze, which gutted the property.
The damage bill is estimated at $300,000, a Fire and Emergency Services Authority spokesman said.
The cause of the fire is unclear but is believed to be suspicious, he said.
Meanwhile faulty electrical wiring at a home in White Gum Valley is believed to have started a fire this morning.
Fire fighters took 30 minutes to control the blaze at the Samson Street property, which started about 1.40am.
There were people in the home at the time of the fire, but none are believed to have been injured.About $20,000 damage was caused, the FESA spokesman said.