A Drummond Cove mother has urged parents to be vigilant after her three-year-old daughter was bitten by a venomous tiger snake.
Carolyn Herron’s daughter Summa was playing in the backyard sandpit of the Herron’s family home on New Year’s Day when she was bitten on the thigh.
She was taken to Geraldton Regional Hospital before a Royal Flying Doctor Service flight to Perth’s Princess Margaret Hospital.
A dose of anti-venom was administered and Summa was kept under supervision at PMH for two days.
Ms Herron said the snake bite diagnosis came as a surprise and urged others to be aware.
Full story in today's print editionJESSICA ROCK
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.