An elderly couple had a lucky escape when their Tarcoola Beach home caught fire on Friday morning.
Fire and Rescue Service station officer David Young said the alarm was raised by a passing off-duty fireman.
“He was heading home after his shift when he spotted the smoke that was just starting to escape,” said Mr Young.
“After raising the alarm, he stayed at the scene to help fight the fire.
“I don’t think he wants to be identified, he reckons he was just doing his job.”Full story in today's print edition.
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.