The family of a tradesman killed while installing insulation under the botched pink batts scheme hopes a new inquiry will protect others from similar mistakes.
Mitchell Sweeney was electrocuted aged 22 while installing reflective foil insulation using metal staples in far north Queensland in 2010.
In July, a Queensland coroner found the rushed rollout of the scheme was a significant factor in his death, as well as those of fellow Queensland installers Matthew Fuller and Rueben Barnes.
In New South Wales, 19-year-old Marcus Wilson, died on his first day on the job after suffering heat stroke.
The federal government is pressing ahead with its promised judicial inquiry into Labor's bungled program.
Draft terms of reference reveal Kevin Rudd and other senior members of his former government could be forced to front an inquiry.
Peter Koutsoukis, who represents the Sweeney family, says they will assist the inquiry.
"Their priority has always been to see that no other family goes through what they have had to endure through the loss of their son Mitchell and they are happy to assist in any process that helps to further raise awareness of this," Mr Koutsoukis said.
"The family remains hopeful that this new inquiry will help to strengthen recommendations made previously to address safety issues for electrical workers, including installation of safety switches and a broader public awareness campaign outlining key risks."