- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped *
- 800g Italian sausages, roughly chopped *
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes *
- 4 tbsp fresh oregano leaves *
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan *
Heat the oil in a big pot, add the onion, garlic, cinnamon, chilli and nutmeg and cook for a few minutes to soften onion. Add the sausages and salt, stirring well and cook until slightly brown. Add the canned tomatoes and beef consomme. Simmer for about 40 minutes to reduce and thicken. Add cream at the end of cooking and stir through the oregano. Cook the pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water as per packet instructions. Drain and combine well with the sausage sauce. Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of parmesan.