- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (see recipe) *
- 300g crab meat, well drained *
- 10 drops Tabasco sauce or chilli paste *
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped *
- salt and freshly ground black pepper *
Peel and mash the eggs and stir in the crab meat, Worcester sauce, Tabasco or chilli paste and enough mayonnaise to make the salad quite moist. Season with salt and pepper. For the garlic toast, pre-heat the oven to 180C. Butter the slices of bread on both sides and then cut off the crusts. Sprinkle the slices of bread lightly with chopped garlic. Place the squares in one layer on a buttered baking sheet and bake in the oven until crisp and golden (10-15 minutes), turning once. To serve, spoon the egg and crab mixture onto the toast (two toasts per person) and top with a little caviar. Garnish with mixed salad greens.