- 1.6kg beef fillet, trimmed *
- sea salt and cracked pepper *
- 185g can of tuna, oil drained *
- 3/4 cup of good-quality egg mayonaise *
- 1/4 cup capers, chopped *
- 2 shallots, finely chopped *
- 3 anchovies, finely chopped *
Pre-heat oven to 250C. Place a heavy oven tray in the oven to heat. Tie the beef fillet at intervals with string. Rub with olive oil and sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Place the beef on the tray in the oven and cook for 20-35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 45 minutes at room temperature. Wrap tightly with cling wrap and chill overnight. Cook the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes. Refresh in cold water, peel, remove the egg white, and discard. In a small bowl add the yolks and tuna, mash with a fork. Fold through the mayonnaise, capers, shallots, anchovies and lemon juice. Slice the beef into thin slices and place on a platter. Drizzle with the mayo, sprinkle the watercress leaves over, and serve.