Superproducer Dr Dre has been crowned the world's highest-paid musician in a new Forbes magazine poll.
The rap mogul, who was also recently named Hip-Hop’s Cash King by the publication’s editors, netted a massive $US110 million ($A105.94 million) in the 12 months to May, 2012 from his hugely successful Beats by Dre headphone and accessories collection, placing him way ahead of runner-up Roger Waters.
The Pink Floyd rocker banked $US88 million to claim the second spot thanks to his profitable The Wall Live tour.
Another fan favourite, Sir Elton John, took third place, while Irish stars U2 and reunited British boy band Take That also earned the majority of their big bucks from live treks.
The new Forbes top 10 is as follows:
1. Dr Dre - $US110 million ($A105.94 million)
2. Roger Waters - $US88 million
3. Sir Elton John - $US80 million
4. U2 - $US78 million
5. Take That - $US69 million
6. Bon Jovi - $US60 million
7. Britney Spears - $US58 million
8. Sir Paul McCartney - $US57 million
8. Taylor Swift - $US57 million
10. Justin Bieber - $US55 million
10. Toby Keith - $55 million