A couple of home-spun productions, two reality shows and a US sitcom are putting the squeeze on current affairs television shows on Tuesdays.
Usually sitting near the top of the rating's list, the Seven Network's Today Tonight and the Nine Network's A Current Affair have been relegated to the bottom of the Top 10 for the past two Tuesday nights. Both current affair shows failed to pull a million viewers.
Today Tonight attracted 941,000 viewers to finish ninth, while A Current Affair was 10th with 940,000 watchers.
Predictably Seven's The X Factor won the night with 1.488 million viewers, ahead of Seven News (1.088 million).
Nine's US sitcom The Big Bang Theory (1.064 million) was third followed by Seven's Aussie family drama Winners & Losers (1.031 million).
Nine News (1.014 million) and ABC News (984,000) were fifth and sixth respectively and long-running soapie Home And Away (974,000) was seventh.
Big Brother again pushed its way into the Top 10 after pulling 941,000 viewers to be eighth.
Top rating shows on Tuesday
1. The X Factor (Seven) - 1.488 million
2. Seven News (Seven) - 1.088 million
3. The Big Bang Theory (Nine) - 1.064 million
4. Winners & Losers (Seven) - 1.031 million
5. Nine News (Nine) - 1.014 million
6. ABC News (ABC) - 984,000
7. Home And Away (Seven) - 974,000
8. Big Brother (Nine) - 941,000
9. Today Tonight (Seven) 941,00010. A Current Affair (Nine) - 940,000
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.