The backstory on WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange delivered ratings respectability to Network Ten on Sunday night although the last laugh went to comedian Anh Do.
Underground: The Julian Assange Story, about the teenage years of the world's most famous computer hacker, pulled 1.336 million viewers to be fourth overall.
The result would have been a huge relief for the network, which has had a disastrous time of late. Since MasterChef ended several months ago, Ten's shows have struggled to reach the Top 10.
The Seven Network was the victor on Sunday night with the first episode of comedy special Anh Does Vietnam finishing in the top place with 1.678 million viewers.
In second place was Sunday Night (1.505 million) followed by Seven News (1.419 million).
There was no shortage of motoring enthusiasts, with 1.253 million viewers tuning into the annual V8 Bathurst Car Race, giving it fifth place in the ratings, while the podium presentation was eighth with 1.051 million.
The Nine Network's 60 Minutes had 1.251 million viewers for sixth place.
The ABC's series Call The Midwife again stood up well against the commercial networks to be seventh with an audience of 1.057 million.
Nine rounded out the Top 10 with Nine News (1.003 million) ninth and House Husbands (961,000) 10th.
Ten's Big Brother Live Eviction missed the Top 10 for the first time this series. The elimination of geek Bradley Darke attracted an audience of 941,000 for 11th place.
Top ratings shows on Sunday
1. Anh Does Vietnam (Seven) - 1.678 million
2. Sunday Night (Seven) - 1.505 million
3. Seven News (Seven) - 1.419 million
4. Underground - The Julian Assange Story (Ten) - 1.336 million
5. Bathurst Car Race (Seven) - 1.253 million
6. 60 Minutes (Nine) - 1.251 million
7. Call The Midwife (ABC) - 1.057 million
8. Bathurst Car Race Podium (Seven) - 1.051 million
9. Nine News (Nine) - 1.003 million10. House Husbands (Nine) - 961,000
'The West Australian' is a trademark of West Australian Newspapers Limited 2013.
All rights reserved.
Select your state to see news for your area.